First let me say THANK YOU all of your kind messages and emails in the last few days.
You people are nice!!
Now let me describe what it's been like.
1. Went in thinking I would have laparoscopic surgery. Came out with a 6" incision.
Surgery didn't go exactly as planned.
2. Most importantly, no cancer. Thank You God! I was scared.
3. No ovaries all the sudden means I might laugh or cry at any given moment.
And that happens all day long.
4. Hideous amount of air in your abdominal cavity after surgery.
Hurts, makes you burp and pass gas...I wasn't raised that way!
Makes me cry.
5. Nobody told me there would be strange swelling that makes me look unhuman.
6. Our friends and family have provided driving, food, flowers, plants, and lots of love and prayers.
6. I've decided not to look at myself in the mirror because strange swelling.....
Frankenstein....makes me cry.
7. For some reason I didn't realize that I wouldn't be able to wear clothes.
I packed a cute outfit to wear home from the hospital that I might not wear again
until March....makes me cry.
8. It's cold!!
Today I have on a balloon type dress with my husband's sweatshirt and socks.
Lovely image, right?
I was moaning about my legs being cold and Paul proceeded to describe something to me.
He said, "I have just what you need." He went on to tell me about this whole body suit he has
that goes from your feet to your neck and zips so you can go to the bathroom.
I said, "You mean like Elmer Fudd?"
Well, yes! That might be what I wear tomorrow.
9. Ya just have to laugh when you can and cry if you need to.
10. Naps are wonderful.
11. I couldn't be more lucky or blessed.
Can't believe I'm writing about this.